Recreation Soccer is organized by Henderson County Parks and Recreation Department. Visit www.HCPRD.com for current registration dates.
For boys and girls ages U6 to U18 (players must be 5 years of age or under 18 years of age as of August 1st, 2015)
2015 Fall Dates
September 12: Matches Begin
September 26: Photo Day with LifeTouch
October 3: Recreation Road Show at the AAC with NCYSA
October 31: Last Day of U12 and below matches
Once Registration is open, you may go online anytime to register, there will be a link at the top of this page. You may also stop by the HCPRD offices at 708 S. Grove St to register in person.
Registration will be held Monday through Friday at the HCPRD office at the Athletics & Activity Center from 8:30am-5:00pm. A Copy of Birth Certificate required for new players.
Refunds will not be issued after the first game is played. Refunds may be requested by calling 697-4884 or at the HCPRD office located at the Henderson County Athletics & Activity Center. Refunds take 2-3 weeks to process. Refunds will be mailed.
HCSA follows the age divisions set forth by USYSA and NCYSA. The age groups are designated as under "U" the age noted. (i.e. Children playing U8 are all under 8 years of age as of August 1st of the Fall Soccer Season). Age groups are formed using the August 1st - July 31st calendar year. Children born between August 1st and October 16th may be allowed to play up to the next age division at the parent's request. Requests are made at time of registration.
- All players are required to wear the HCSA uniform (reversible jersey-shorts-Black and socks-Black) during all scheduled games.
- Shin Guards are MANDATORY player equipment. The provided soccer socks must be worn over the shinguards. Players are responsible for purchasing their own shinguards.
- Any commercially manufactured soccer shoe is permissible. The safety of the cleats will be determined at the field and will be at the referee's discretion. Tennis shoes and sneakers are acceptable. Baseball cleats are not acceptable.
- Each player is expected to have a soccer ball to bring to practice.
- NO Jewelry is allowed. (No earrings, necklaces, bracelets, hairclips)
- The coaches will distribute uniforms when they receive them.
- The uniform issued for the Fall season will also be used during the Spring soccer season.
- Players will receive a discount when registering for the Spring soccer season if they played in the Fall league, have their uniform and are registered with NCYSA.
(Volunteer Coaches are always NEEDED!!!)
All of our coaches are volunteers (parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, and members of the public). All coaches are required to register with NCYSA and are subject to a MANDATORY background check. Coaching training and manuals will be provided for coaches.
Insurance: Once registered with NCYSA, all players and coaches are covered by supplemental accident / liability insurance during scheduled practices, games and events organized in conjunction with HCSA. Deductible and policy limits apply. This policy is secondary to any insurance maintained by parents, employers, etc.
Games will be played on Saturdays, some Sundays and selected weeknights if the schedule dictates at either Jackson Park or Fletcher Community Park. The season will run 8 weeks.
Practices: Coaches determine the practice days and times according to field availability and their own schedules. Teams may practice once a week during the season for the maximum of one hour.
The game cancellation phone line number is 828.698.5101. Please call and listen for a recorded message. Game cancellations will be posted on this site. Soccer games are played in the rain, so just because it is raining does not mean games are canceled. Cancellation decisions due to bad weather or unplayable field conditions will be made on Saturdays or other game days by 7:30am. There will be no guaranteed make-up dates for Recreation games.